A favorite here at the Farm, we use whatever seasonal Roots are available. Our mix may include Turnips, Potatoes, Rutabagas, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and more.
1. Wash, trim and chop 2 pounds of Mixed Roots. Peeling is not necessary since the end result is pureed: organically grown root vegetables are safe to eat the peels and they add a lot of nutrients and fiber, too.
2. Wash, trim and finely chop Green Garlic (use the whole thing, green tops too) and Fresh Herbs (we sent Parsley, Oregano and Thyme).
3. Saute Roots in a soup pot for 5-10 minutes with 2-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper, fresh chopped Herbs and Green Garlic. Continue to saute over medium heat until the Roots just start to get tender.
4. Add 1 can of Coconut Milk and 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth. Cover and simmer for another 10-20 minutes or until roots are very tender.
5. Puree Soup with an Immersion Blender or in a food processor to the texture of your liking (Will likes his very smooth and I like it a little chunky!). Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary before serving.