Shiitake Mushroom Bacon is quick to prepare and very satisfying as a stand-in for meat versions!
1. Trim stems from 1 pint Shiitake Mushrooms.
2. Slice caps into strips, you want pretty much the same thickness.
3. Mix together: 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce or Tamari, 1/2 Tablespoon Honey, salt, pepper.
4. Toss Shiitake slices to coat well, spread on a lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, stir once or twice to brown on all sides.
This enjoyed sauteed Broccoli with Shiitake Bacon and Cilantro for lunch, yum!