We call it a “Big Salad” if it’s enough for a meal: this week’s boxes have such a beautiful array of salad items we just had to make this favorite recipe for lunch.
1. Wash, trim and finely chop the white part of two green onions, 1 bunch kale and 1 bunch komatsuna.
2. Prepare rice noodles, udon noodles, orzo or other pasta (we have used angel hair in a pinch!).
3. Prepare salad dressing: 2T soy sauce; 2T honey; 2T sweet chili sauce; 1T sesame oil; (1)T fish sauce; (1)T Sriracha or other hot sauce; (4)T rice vinegar.
4. Mix together the chopped vegetables, noodles and dressing, cover and chill to marinate.
5. Wash, trim and chop lettuce, arugula, tops from green onions and cilantro, mix together for salad greens.
Place salad greens on individual plates and pile the veggie noodles in top. Garnish with sesame seeds, sliced cucumbers, oranges and/or tomatoes.