To make pasta sauce:
- In a large skillet or soup pot brown the Sausage with one order of the Roma Tomatoes (washed, trimmed and diced); both orders of Sweet Peppers (washed, trimmed and chopped); Garlic (as much as you like, minced or crushed) and 2-3 Bay Leaves.
- Add 2 cups liquid of your choice (Red Wine, Chicken, Beef or Veg Broth, Water or combo), season with salt and pepper and Red Pepper Flakes if you like. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook pasta of your choice according to package directions, we usually drain it 2-3 minutes early when we are going to bake it in a sauce.
- Remove Bay Leaves from sauce, mix together with pasta and pour into a baking dish.
- Top with grated Wanda (Asiago style) Cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Prepare Cheesy Roma Tomatoes:
- Wash, trim and slice Tomatoes in half. Scoop out the seeds and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with grated Wanda (Asiago style) cheese and seasoned bread crumbs (pulse 1-2 slices bread in food processor, season with salt/pepper).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Serve as an appetizer, side dish or on top of the Baked Pasta!