Red Hill Cheddar Cheese
This is a chopped Salad and is very fresh and satisfying on a warm Spring day!
- Wash, trim and chop Broccoli, Vidalia Onion and Baby Carrots into small (1/4″) chunks. Mix in shelled English Peas.
- Prepare Salad Dressing: mix together 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/8 cup Vinegar (we like White Balsamic or Apple Cider), 2 T Honey, 1 T Mustard (Dijon or Grainy are good), salt, pepper. *Add some Orange Zest if you like!
- Toss prepared Vegetables with enough Dressing to coat and refrigerate, reserve the remaining dressing. This will “marinate” the vegetables while the rest of the Salad is prepared.
- Wash, trim and slice Strawberries. Cut off Orange peel and segment the fruit or chop into bite-sized chunks.
- Grate Red Hill Cheddar Cheese.
- To assemble Salad: Mix together the marinated Vegetables with the prepared fruits and grated cheese. Drizzle with a little more dressing and serve.
- Great additions are chopped Chicken, Bacon or Deli Ham.