- Wash, trim and chop 1 head of Cabbage into 1″ chunks.
- Trim and chop 1/2 Vidalia or Red Onion.
- In a large cooking pot (like a soup pot) melt 2T Butter, add Onions and Cabbage. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook on medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, stir regularly.
- Turn heat down to medium low, cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until just tender.
Wash, trim and chop Beet Roots into bite-sized chunks. (Save tops to add to other Greens dishes.) Toss with just enough Olive Oil to coat, season with salt and pepper. Roast in a medium-hot oven (375 degrees) for 20 minutes or until browned and tender.
(Laurie’s Favorite Vegetable!)
Wash, trim and chop Squash into bite-sized chunks. Chop 1/2 Vidalia or Red Onion. Melt 2 Tablespoons Butter in a large skillet, add Onion and Squash, season with salt and pepper. Saute over medium high heat stirring regularly for 5 minutes. Cover and turn heat off, allow Squash to steam for 5-10 minutes to finish cooking.
Salad with Cucumber Dressing
Trim and wash Lettuce, place in Salad Bowl. Wash, trim and grate 1/2 cup of the Cucumber. Mix together 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/8 cup Cider Vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Add grated Cucumber and chill. Dress Lettuce just before serving.