Sometimes the ingredients in our boxes just speak to us: with the beautiful Fingerling Potatoes and fresh Leeks from Walker Farms we were reminded of a simple and satisfying dish inspired by some of our farm interns from France. The Yellow Moon Cheese Company Truffled Fontina elevates the vegetables to a new level of earthy indulgence. . . make this recipe for date night!
- Wash and trim Potatoes, the pound order in Farmer’s Pick boxes is just right for two people. No need to peel unless you really want to, the different colors of the skins are really pretty in the dish.
- Cut Potatoes into similar size pieces, we like to quarter them.
- Trim ends of Leeks and cut off the upper green part, save for stock making or compost. You can use some of the green, “feel” with your knife for the tender part. Chop Leeks into 1/4″ rouns, soak in cold water, drain and soak again to be sure to get all of the sand out. Drain and set aside.
- Grate 1/4 pound Truffled Fontina Cheese
- Mix together 1/4 cup Cream or Half and Half, 1T Flour, 1T melted Butter.
- Arrange Fingerling Potatoes and Leeks in a baking dish, single-serve size is really sweet for a special dinner. Pour the Cream mixture over the vegetables and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes, the dish should be browned and bubbly (broil the top if necessary just before serving).
Tip: the addition of Buttered Bread Crumbs on top gilds the lily but sure is fabulous!