Our recipe this week is for the delectable Wild Chanterelle Mushrooms! This easy vegetarian dish also uses the Vidalia Onion and Basil from the Farmers Pick boxes.
- Prepare your favorite Pasta. While it is cooking get the sauce started.
- Wash and trim the ends of the Chanterelle Mushrooms. You can use the whole thing including the “stem”. Dry on a towel. This week they are a little dried out (since we actually had 36 hours without rain) but they are still perfectly delicious.
- Trim and slice 1 medium Vidalia Onion. It’s a lot of Onion but the flavor is mild and really compliments the Mushrooms.
- Wash Basil (we have Lemon and Purple in the boxes this week!) trim and chop leaves.
- In a large skillet melt 2Tablespoons Butter, add Chanterelles and Onion. Saute over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. The Mushrooms are really fairly sturdy, not as delicate as you may think, so they can cook for a little bit.
- Drain Pasta and add to cooked Mushrooms, stir to combine. You might like to add a little more Butter, Olive Oil and/or Cream at this point depending on how loose the sauce is. Allow Pasta to absorb some of the sauce, check for seasoning and add chopped Basil just before serving. Oh, yeah if you have some grated Parmesan that would be pretty darn good with this, too!