Chanterelle Mac & 3 Cheese: perfect for the gumpy ‘shrooms!
- Dice finely 1/2 cup washed and trimmed Chanterelles (use your ugly ones for this)
- Saute in 4 Tablespoons Butter with 2 cloves Garlic, smashed, salt and pepper
- Add 1 cup Milk or Cream and 1/2 cup White Wine, simmer for 10 minutes
- Puree with immersion blender until smooth
- Make a roux with 2 Tablespoons Butter, 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Add Chanterelle Cream and stir to thicken
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup grated cheeses
- Stir into prepared pasta and serve!
We had this as a side with Riverview Farms medium rare Sirloin Steak and Sautéed Squash with Vidalia Onions.
The Chanterelle Cream Sauce freezes well too!