Our recipe is an adaptation of one sent to us by Online Market Member Evan Brennan, thanks, Evan! It is an absolutely delicious dish so we put together a Dinner Package with the ingredients to make it easier for folks to fix and enjoy. Of course we had to add some more vegetables to an otherwise very traditional Chinese dish!
- Heat 1T Peanut or Veg Oil in a large skillet or wok, add 1/2t Ground Anise, 1/2 pound Ground Pork or Sausage and 1 small diced Onion, brown well until pork is crispy.
- Add 1 diced bell pepper, 2 diced Asian eggplant, bay leaves and crushed coriander seed. Saute until vegetables soften.
- Add 1.5 cups Sake (or dry White Wine), simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 1T ground ginger, salt and pepper to taste, 1T soy sauce, 1T hoisin sauce and red pepper flakes to taste. Add 1 cup chicken broth and 1 pkg diced firm tofu.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or so until liquid reduces a bit. Remove bay leaves and serve with rice.
The aroma of this dish is incredible!